Saturday 23 June 2007

Portsmouth in closer detail

Following Graham`s comments I felt that I wasn`t really making the whole Portsmouth scene clear. As Brighton and Hove are more or less physically connected, the same can be said of Portsmouth and Southsea - have a look at the map on the side. The really nasty bits (Paulsgrove and Leigh Park) have been marked up in red (which generally denotes the danger of going there!); the nice bits (Southsea and Eastney) are in rather indistinct green text - sorry! Out of the two grottiest areas, Paulsgrove is probably the worst: when it was discovered a paedophile was living in their `community`, lots of Paulsgrovers went out rioting; unfortunately, they couldn`t distinguish between a paedophile or a paediatrician and attacked the wrong house (it should be noted that while this is probably an urban myth, it is undoubtedly based on fact!)

Tomorrow I`ll start with the south of the city and work my way through the different areas from time to time. If I`m feeling particularly stupid, I`ll take some shots of Leigh Park and Paulsgrove!

No comments: